Wednesday, November 4, 2015

DIY: Paper Roses


I am so excited to share my Paper Roses with you all.


They are really simple to make, but a little time consuming.

 

Cut out various sizes of petals mimicking a rose; curve the petals by pressing into the palm of your hand to give it realistic texture.

 

You can hot glue gun the petals together but I prefer sewing them together so I won't burn myself (I always do!) and I won't go through so many of my precious glue sticks. :)

 
You want each petal to be a little taller (and bigger) than the one in the layer before it. It makes it more realistic.


So Pretty! :)


 I got these branches from budding lilacs. I LOVE THEM!
If you get them just when they are budding you will have branches that look really life like and they will last you for a long time. Just don't cut them too late into the budding process or the leaves will dry out & fall off. 



The budding branches just give it another level of realism.

 
Here are some of the white ones I made:


They just brighten up my day!


Working on this one... haha, it's a little all over the place. :)

This is a really easy way to bring some pretty flowers into any event (party or wedding) without having to worry about them lasting, or spending a lot of $$$.

No comments:

Post a Comment