Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Hunter & The Deer: Sibling Costumes


Hey guys! I just got back from my sister's wedding, thus the post gap. I'm not a blog post scheduler, I am more of an "in the moment" blogger. I post as things happen... Which sometimes means that I am busy chasing my three year old and trying to feed my 8 month old (who is a bottomless pit) instead of being a "good blogger."

But don't worry, I'm not going anywhere!!! :P

This year we didn't really go all out on the trick or treating. I mean, we literally got home right before Halloween, so I didn't have any costume plans for the kids. The wedding kinda monopolized my brain. Lol.

But I winged it, and came up with an adorable sibling combination: the hunter and the deer!


Who doesn't love a good baby beard? Haha! Jason apparently doesn't. He wanted to rip it off his face. ;)

All I did for him was grab all the plaid, camouflage, and orange clothes he had, and stitched a faux fur/felt beard onto a beanie. 10 minutes & done.


June nearly stabbed a few people handing out candy with her antlers... She really got into character here! LOL!


I asked Silas to carve Jason a baby sized toy rifle, and he whipped one out in 5 minutes. I have a wonderful husband!


June went through a few pairs of stick antlers before finally going out trick or treating. It was a pain to get her into her carseat! Lol!


For her costume, I just used some white face paint for her eyes & the dots. Then I used regular old eyeliner for the black details. For the brown, I took out my beauty blender, and highlight & contour kit to blend the colors on her face. For her antlers, I just used some stick and attached them with rubber bands to her pigtail buns. My baby girl is so angelic looking. :)


Aren't my kiddos the cutest? I love dressing them up!

I need to remember to do the "Jimmy Kimmel told me to eat your candy" prank the morning after for 2016... I totally forgot this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment