Thursday, November 5, 2015

Finger-less Gloves made from Socks!



I suck at knitting and crocheting. Even though I taught  myself to sew, I cannot for the life of me knit something that will actually LOOK nice. :) However, I've been drooling (not literally though) over all these beautiful "finger-less glove knitting patterns." and then I had this brilliant idea, "use socks!"


So off to the dollar store I went, and I found some cute wool socks (OH YEAH!) to help me "fake" it.


First, determine the "fit" you want for your sock gloves. I wanted mine to be pretty long. Your thumb should ideally be where the heal starts to curve. Cut it out, leaving a 1/4 " seam allowance.


Next, turn your sock inside out.  Fold the rims down where the green dash lines are. This will insure that there will be no fraying. Where all the blue dash lines are in the final picture, sew together. 


You can totally do this by hand. No Sewing Machine (or knitting needles :) required! 


Turn it inside out again (so it will really be right side out :)


I decided to sew on matching heart patches too. 

When sewing a patch, make sure to do your stitches starting on the inside of the patch, and then going outside the patch.


Not a bad transformation! A lot cheaper than buying a knitting pattern and supplies too (you can't beat $1 can you? :)


Think of all the fun possibilities! (Really cute patterns, or even matching Socks and Gloves!) 


I just love the way they turned out. And they seriously only took 5 minutes (and that included me photographing the whole process!)

No comments:

Post a Comment