Thursday, November 5, 2015

How to make Hot Glue Gun Snowflake Window Clings- an updated process!


So one of my most popular post to date (especially during Christmas) is my "Hot Glue Gun Snowflakes" (found HERE)


Originally, I glued the snowflakes right on to my windows. Some of them did peel off easily, but most of them took scrubbing to remove. With that said, and with the brilliant input of my lovely readers, I came up with a much better process that requires absolutely no clean up- every time!


You will need:
-Parchment Paper
-A Glue Gun & Glue Sticks

Optional:
-Snowflake patterns to trace over
-Glitter


Lay the parchment paper over your snowflake pattern. The parchment paper is slightly transparent, which makes tracing over patterns quite easily.


Make sure to make your glue lines thick. If you make them too thin, the snowflakes won't hold together well.


Once they are dry, they peel off the parchment paper like butter. I kid not. It's amazing! 


Looks great, right?


You can make all sorts of shapes and sizes. Remember, no two snowflakes are alike!


If you like glitter, add some while your snowflakes are still drying.


To add them to you windows, simply put a slight dab of hot glue on one or two of the corners of your snowflake, and press up against the glass. They peel off with no issues. If for some reason, you do have a remnant of glue left on the window from adhering them, it will be super easy to clean up compared to peeling a whole snowflake off. 


My baby girl started singing "Let it Go" when she saw them.


Reuse them year after year if you like!


You can even dress up your Christmas Gift Wrapping with them! 

To print your own Chalkboard Gift Tags (for free!), go HERE.


You HAVE to try it out for yourself! It's amazing fun!

If you make some for yourself, feel free to tag me on your photos on Instagram using #mywlhea (short for "My We Lived Happily Ever After")

ENJOY & Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment