Thursday, November 5, 2015

How to Sew Safe Stuffed Animal Eyes! {Because button eyes are a Choking Hazard!}


Today I wanted to share how my method for sewing "safe" stuffed animal eyes. Button Eyes are a real choking hazard. But on the other hand, but I really don't have the patience for embroidery.



So as a super easy alternative, I use felt!


After cutting out your desired shape and size, (I always get a perfect circle by cutting a perfect square first) locate where you want to place your eye.

Using matching thread, sew tight, secure stitches around the whole circumference of the circle and some in the middle too. 



If you want cute eye lashes, sew several "loops" until you get the thickness you want.


The result is so adorable!


Thanks for stopping by!

If you like my stuffed animals & sewing creations, I have lots of easy and fun free patterns and tutorials here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment