Thursday, November 5, 2015

Bassinet Redo


Hey Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. Personally, I don't want summer to end, so I'm in denial that it's flying by so fast!

Anyways, to day I thought I'd show you all one of the last "befores" from  Jason's Nursery

I've had a lot of questions about this sweet bassinet. Mainly where it's from.


It is actually an antique that was give to us by a mutual friend. It was actually a mahogany color when we got it first. But when we had June we spray painted it a cream color to match our bedroom from way back when we first got married. Unfortunately, the only before photo I have of it was from it's "cream" stage.


Here's a photo of June in it. This bassinet is kinda special since we've used it for both babies now. :)


Apparently we didn't sand it down enough before spray painting it, because by the time we needed it for Jason, the paint had started bubbling & peeling off. So I enlisted the help of my wonderful husband to strip it down to wood again (what a pain with all those nooks and crannies!!!!) with a liquid sander, and then paint it a fresh white.


It basically looks brand new now! We've actually moved him into a crib now that he is almost 6 months. But I haven't taken any new photos of that set up yet.


And how cute is the baby mobile hanging above it? (See that tutorial HERE)


We used a standard baby bassinet mattress in it. And I like to throw these DIY Cloud Pillows in there when he isn't using them. We also received quite a few hand knit white blankets from friends and family, and I positively LOVE them in the bassinet. White on White on White.  


Here he is just a few weeks old in his bassinet.


I'm definitely holding onto this piece in case we have more babies. ;)


 All the new posts from this series are listed below:

No comments:

Post a Comment