Thursday, November 5, 2015

Baby Petti Romper

I fell in love with the very first Petti Romper I saw! So I told hubby that I was going to make baby girl one... and he thought, "Okay, I guess she'll do that eventually..." only he was surprised to find that I made one that very day! :P


All that you need for this is:
-A white baby onesie one size bigger than your baby wears
- White elastic band
-Lots of white lace (or something like a table cloth or curtains made out of lace... which is what I used)


Remember: Use a onesie one size bigger than what your baby wears, because with all the layers of lace sewn on, the fabric isn't as stretchy anymore. Plus, you need it longer because you will cut off the sleeve part.  Cut one side of the onesie along the hem so that it will look similar to the picture below. Then cut off the sleeve part in a straight line. You need just one "rectangle" so you can sew the strips of lace in line straight line. You will sew it together again after you are done with the lace strips.





Sew it all together! Sew the elastic on & sew the sides together. 


 

It's DONE! :)

Now go and take 354 pictures of your baby girl in her new  petti romper! (no, I didn't take 354 pictures... welllllll...) :)



 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment