Thursday, November 5, 2015

Carnations and Peonies out of Crepe Paper


I LOVE making paper flowers!
{Take a look at my DIY Tutorials for more of my creations.}


Here are the above Picture Sources:
Origami Birds, Carnations, I couldn't find the source for the Seashell one.

I wanted to create a floating, whimsical screen made out of paper flowers.  The above pictures were my inspiration for this project.

Here is what we came up with:


Wrap the crepe paper around two fingers about 30 times.
Cut your paper like you would if you were cutting out only the top of a heart, almost like and m.

Next, wrap it into a flower shape
Carnations would be small, while peonies would be quite big.

The last step is to sew or staple it together.

You can use a fresh flower stem to make it look stunning.


 Or you can hang them on a garland like we did (See: "Napkin Flower Screen Tutorial")


Either way they are gorgeous! 


Aren't they are so whimsical!


I love the way they look like they are floating when hanging!




Now I have one next to my computer to brighten up my day while blogging. :)

One of my favorite parts of this project is the price: $1!!! I love the Dollar Store! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment