Thursday, November 5, 2015

DIY Rustic Centerpiece Box


 I had some extra boards left over from previous projects, and after seeing Shanty 2 Chic's Planter Box Centerpiece, I got inspired to make a "chunkier" version of my own.



And then I saw this at my friend's house & I just knew I had to include succulents in this project.

I cut my 2x4s  in the following increments:
One 20" long
Two 24" long
Two 4" wide (keeping the height 4" tall)

After making sure all the cuts were just right, I drilled them together and stained with a "Dark Walnut Stain."


To make sure the wood wouldn't rot from watering the plants, I added a waterproof liner (trash bag) under the dirt.

 After spacing out my succulents & making sure they felt at home, I used rocks collected from the ocean as a covering.


And it was done!

 

I LOVE how it turned out! 


Hope you try it out for yourself! It's such a super classy centerpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment