Thursday, November 5, 2015

Cheap Last Minute Christmas "Vintage Book Page" Ornaments | Part 1


Confession: I am super cheap. Not "cheap" as in "ugly" and cluttered. I like things to look pretty. Cheap as in I hate spending money on something that I can easily make myself.


Last Christmas I made all my Christmas ornaments out of old book pages. The book I used was type of old paperback book that you can literally find anywhere. Paired with yarn and a glue gun that I had on hand, they were easily transformed into lovely ornaments that cost me nothing! 


The one I am going to share with you today, is a poinsettia looking star.


To start off, cut off the edges of the pages so you really only have words showing (I didn't want awkward blank spots showing)


Next do a fan fold going across the paper lengthwise, and tie it off in the middle with yarn.


If you want your poinsettia to have pointed edges, then cut the folded tips to look like the edge of a fence post.


Now use your glue gun to attach the four sides of the "fan" together.


Glue a little hand cut circle in the middle to cover the bend and yarn and you are all done!


Super cute and easy!

The seashell like one HERE | the ball one can be found HERE | the pinwheel/poinsettia looking one can be found HERE  | and the one with four loops is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment