Thursday, November 5, 2015

DIY Pallet Nightstands (With Plans!)


Exciting things are happening for me this year. A new home (1st time home buyers here!) and a new baby due in March are the two biggest ones. With all that said, I have my hands full with our "fixer upper" and my nesting urges (need to get that nursery done NOW!!!)

One of my very favorite things to do is take something that I got for free (in this case, pallets) and transform it into something beautiful and functional for my home.

We made these "wood scrap pile nightstands" earlier this year for our bedroom while we lived in base housing. If you calculated costs (not including the pallet tops, which were free regardless) it probably cost about $12 to build both of them. They really weren't hard to build, it took my husband (with me "supervising") around an hour total, so the plans for this tutorial will be really basic.


The four legs are 2x2" boards cut at 26" long. The Support Boards in-between the legs are also 2x2" boards cut at 10" long each.


Add four 2x2" boards to bulk up the outside of the frame.


Adding 1x2" boards beneath the Outer Base Boards will give the base extra support and visual interest.

Lastly, add some pallet boards to the top, leaving a 2" overhang around the whole perimeter of the table.


We painted the lower trim and legs white, but left the rest natural (with a little bit of my aging technique on the new wood) for a rustic feel.

The legs aren't 100% perfectly straight, but that doesn't bother us.

Now that we will be moving into a new house, I'm going to have to restage a whole house with all of our stuff... but you can expect to see these nightstands in the big reveal (whenever that may be, in a galaxy far, far away!)



Have a lovely day everyone! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment