Thursday, November 5, 2015

Use a Low Temperature Hot Glue Gun to Make Snowflakes for your Windows!


TO SEE MY UPDATED PROCESS (which is SO much easier) go HERE!!!


I have the most adorable Winter Craft to share with you all today! The inspiration came to me when I was looking through Pinterest yesterday. I saw crafts involving snowflakes... and then I saw crafts using glue guns! And then it hit me! I can use a Hot Glue Gun to Make Snowflakes on my Windows! It's clear, pretty, and peels easily off of glass! I was like wow, I wonder if anyone has ever done this? It's such a "duh" idea! :)


It was so easy! Make sure your windows aren't super cold when you do this as some people have said that they've seen hot glue guns crack cold glass. I did it on a warm day & the glass was comfortably room temperature. Also, use a low temp glue gun to prevent burns.


If you really don't want to glue it directly onto your window, you can always do it on another glass like surface & add cooking spray for easy removal (think parchment paper, counters, greased picture frame glass, teflon sheets, etc) and peel it off then adhere it to the window.  


If you don't want to do it free hand, you can always tape a sketch of what you want your snowflakes to look like on the other side of the glass. See, so easy! 


The look so gorgeous! Best part is, they cost nothing but look like the real thing!


If you make them thick enough, they peel off really easy. Just make sure they are cooled completely before you peel them off. If there are any remnants, just scrub with a green-pad & some soap and water and it should come off with no problem.


This would be a great craft to do with your kids! So much prettier than those stick-on ones!



Add some glitter before it dries, or use colored glue sticks from the craft store! The possibilities are endless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment