Thursday, November 5, 2015

♥ Winter Wonderland Trees

These are the "Winter Wonderland Trees" I made for my December wedding. It's a great way to dress up an event without a pricey tag. 
  
 
  
They were gorgeous. I don't think the pictures do them justice!
 
 
I had my amazing man cut down three pine trees. We stripped the nettles off, cut them to the height & amount of branches we wanted and sponge painted them white for that "birch bark tree" feel. 
 
Then my amazing sisters and bridesmaids helped me string  flowers and beads to hang on the branches. 
 
 

I also hung my favors on the branches- Hersey Kisses in little bags.
 

We stuck the trees in planter pots full of cement. 
We weren't able to get the Third, and biggest one into the reception... it didn't fit through the double doors. Whoops! :)

 

We used white icicle lights for the branches. 

It probably ended up costing about $15 per tree. We already and the tree, and paint; we only paid for the beads, lights, cement & favors)  


They were so pretty!

Funny Story:
After the wedding, we really didn't have space to store them, so we... put them (minus the goodies on the trees) next the dumpster! (SHOCK! I know, HOW COULD I?!) 
Later, driving by the church, we noticed someone had some trees in front of their house that looked *identical* to my trees. HA! They still have them in their front yard 2 years later!
  
Hope you liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment